Thursday, August 29, 2019

A little about me...

Hi! My name is Mariko Jurcsak. I am so happy to say that I am a member of the Class of 2023 at Notre Dame! I was born in Yokosuka, Japan, but I was raised in Waipahu, Hawai'i (right outside of Honolulu). I enjoy dance (especially ballet and hula), acting, hiking, and traveling to Japan to visit family. My mom is from Japan, and I feel like I can connect with her more by learning the Japanese language and culture. I am so excited to have the opportunity to study Japanese at Notre Dame! Go Irish!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good reason to learn Japanese, Jurcsak さん . I'm sure traveling to Japan will be easier once you know the language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome reason to learn Japanese! My brother lives in Hawai'i now. It seems like a really cool place! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know you were also born in Japan. That's really cool and I'm jealous you get to go back and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to meet you here! I've been to Japanese once and was fascinated by the food and culture here! Looking forward to learn a lot from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty neat that you were born in Japan

    ReplyDelete